The mission of the University Research Council is to develop and implement a research strategy with a sound impact both on academia and community. The Council provides support and resources to promote and enhance research activities at the University.
The overall aim of the University Research Council is to manage the implementation of research activities at the University, and advise Colleges, Departments, staff and students on matters relating to research standards, policies and procedures. Also, the Council promotes effective research collaboration and partnership with industry and scientific research centers and organizations.
In compliance with “HEC Regulations of Scientific Research at HE Institutions”, Research Council shall:
- Guide the development of the University’s strategic research priorities and objectives and monitor research performance within the framework of the University’s Strategic Planning.
- Propose, in collaboration with Colleges, the annual “University Research Plan” with the necessary budget, and seek University Council and BOT for its approval.
- Develop and implement the annual research funding mechanism at the University.
- Issue decisions and take measures that regulate research activities at the University.
- Approve proposals of research projects and studies, and follow-up on its implementation, dissemination and funding.
- Collaborate with local, regional and international scientific research centers.
- Coordinate, supervise and follow-up on research funded from other sectors outside the University.
- Follow-up on establishing and updating the database of ‘research achievements and publishing’ at the University.
- Issue the scientific refereed journals of the University.
- Prepare the annual report of scientific research at the University along with the mechanism and items of disbursement of research budget.
- Follow-up on any other matters related to scientific research.
GU provides support for staff and students research. This includes, but not limited to, the following resources:
- Database: The following databases are available (subscription renewed annually), which serve the various disciplines at the University:
- EBSCO Database in Interior and Architecture Design: provides more 370 periodicals , 220 e-Books and more than 63000 Graphics.
- EBSCO Complete Database in Business and Accounting: provides more than 5200 Journal and Periodicals in different fields of Management, Accounting, Economy, Public Relations, Entrepreneurship, Banking, Investments, etc.
- Arab Organization for Administrative development: provides a wide range of periodicals and publications in the field – Link
- PROQUEST Database (https://gulfuniversity.net/en/library: provides the following:
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ABIC) – Link
- Art, Design and Architecture Collection (ARTARCPKG) – Link
- eBook Central Database – Link
Additional Resources include but not limited to:
No. of E-Books in PROQUEST:
Interior Design: 65770
Human Resources: 123558
- Scientific Journals and Periodicals: In addition to all the electronic scientific journals available in above databases, the University has provided the annual subscription in a number of paper scientific journals related to the offered disciplines at the University, including the following:
- International Journal of Design Creativity and Innovation.
- Journal of Interior Design.
- Journal of Interiors: Design/Architecture/ Culture.
- Journal of Media and Communication Studies.
- المجلة المصرية لبحوث الإعلام – كلية الإعلام، جامعة القاهرة
- International Journal of Accounting.
- Journal of “Accounting Review.
- Journal of “Accounting Forum.
- Journal of Human Resource Management Review.
- Human Resource Management Journal.
- Advancement in Developing Human Resources.
Additional Links for Further Resources:
- Springer – Link
- CERN Document Server – Link
- Directory of Open Access Journals – Link
- European Union Law – Link
- Arab World Research Source: provides:
Laboratories and Workshops: These include General Computer Labs equipped with various software to serve researchers and students, as well as a number of Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical and Civil Engineering labs (such as: Engineering Materials Testing Laboratory, Thermo-Fluid Laboratory, Communication Lab, Electrical Machine Laboratory, Control Laboratory, Electronic Laboratory, Mechanical and Electrical Workshops). These laboratories are equipped with Scientific Devices, Tools, Measuring Instruments, etc., which provide various facilities and services for researchers.
Financial Support: GU is committed (in alignment and within the context of directives from HEC) to provide financial support to researchers within the framework of the University Research Plan and Budget. The support covers publications in recognized and indexed journals, participation and presentation of research articles at recognized International, regional and local conferences, and participation as international/ regional keynote speakers.
Research Policy: Click here to view.
Conduct of Research Procedures: Click here to view.
Researcher Handbook: Click here to view.